DEPARTMENT OF MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEOs) & PROGRAM OUTCOMES (POs)
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs):-
- Eductional objective of programme is design to produce competent engineer, considering important field of study and market requirement.
- To develop Techno-commercial skills like, Research Apptitude, Entrepreneurship and Creative efforts in Mechanical Engineering and alligned areas of Science and Technology.
- To make student aware of Rapid changing technology and groom them to keep pace with global trends with multidisiplinary engineering knowledge.
- Mechanical Engineering department is dedicated to graduating engineer who
a. Will Aplly fundamentals of engineering science to find workable and economical solution to new problem arising in different field of Mechanical Engineering.
b. Will practice mechanical engineering in responsible, professional and ethical manner for the benefits of Industry and Society.
Program Outcomes (POs):-
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering.
- An ability to design and conduct experiments as well as to analyze and interpret data.
- An ability to design, Implement and evaluate a computer –based system, process, component, or program to met desired needs.
- An ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability
- An ability to function on multidisciplinary teams.
- An ability to identify, formulate and solve engineering problems.
- Analysis of algorithms in terms of Correctness as well as time and space efficiency.
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibilities.
- An ability to communicate effectively.
- The broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental and societal context.
- The recognition of the need for and an ability to engage in life-long learning.
- The knowledge of contemporary issues.